A tribute to my grandfather
No.12 Frank Avenue,
Suleja, Niger state,
World of the living,
4th April, 2010.
To an unknown destination,
The spirit world,
• He who declares war at the spill of oil.
• Now, begs for peace at the spill of blood
• He who sees the coming of a distant owl
• Now, can only use his snuff with the aid of his google
• He who speaks like a roaring lion
• Now, can only whisper to the evening breeze
• He who sleeps like a baby
• Now, does more than the night watchman
• He who runs more than a marathon runner
• Now, can only walk, but with the aid of his third leg
• He who goes to war empty handed
• Now, shivers at the mention of war songs
• He who drinks a gallon of water at a gulp
• Now, drinks half a tumbler and says alright
• At last, he whom I called my ground father
• Now lies under the earth bosom
• He who was my grand father
• Now lives in the spirit world
Pa, amakvitaa loves you.
Till we meet again. Thanks.