REPORT ON THE DIALOGUE WITH THE STUDENTS’ UNION GOVERNMENT AND THE VICE-CHANCELLOR ON ISSUES BOTHERING FUTOITES.
The Executive, Legislative and the Judiciary of the Students Union Government, yesterday the 24th of February 2017 had a dialogue with the Vice-Chancellor.
Issues raised and addressed includes.
1) I.C.T: Implementation / Installation of Wi-Fi has been ongoing and should be up and running before resumption.
2) Course Registration: A panel has been constituted and investigation ongoing to bring to book those found guilty of extortion.
3) Gap in Communication : The President of the Students’ Union Government Comrade Akano Nnaemeka pointed out to the Vice-Chancellor that a gap in communication contributed a great deal to the crisis because Nigerian Students were not informed. In response, the Vice-Chancellor promised to open a TWITTER handle ASAP to make his office more accessible to Nigerian Students and to enhance the flow of authentic information and good feedback mechanism.
4) There will be a community interaction between the Students and the Vice-Chancellor frequently.
5) A member of the Students’ Union Government will be part of the Damage Assessment Committee to ensure Transparency
Comr. Akano Nnaemeka
Comr. Osuagwu Ebuka
SUG Secretary General
Comr. Rotr. Uzoho Chuka (CFSSJ)
SUG Public Relations Officer