Reading styles that pay in Nigerian University
1. Style of consistency
This style pays a lot. It is your ability to continue
study till the exam day. Reading consistently
makes the texts part of you. It makes you to
answer exam questions without much stress.
Another benefit of consistent reading is that, you
never forget anything in the exam hall. By all
means, avoid scattered reading style. Let your
book know your study time-table so as to
prepare on your behalf.
2. Alternating approach
This is the style of reading different materials
simultaneously. Reading one text for long makes
it boring. When the text is boring, your brain
doesn’t retain much of the information anymore.
If you plan to study for six hours, make sure it is
not only one material you are studying. An
exception to this is when it is exam period. Trust
me, it pays.
3. Cramming style
No reading method pays more than cramming in
any Nigerian University. How do you feel when
people who don’t really understand the course
pass more than you?. In as much as it is good to
read and understand, there are courses that you
don’t pass in Nigerian Universities if you are not
good at cramming. Begin to improve your
cramming skill. This is the bitter truth.
4. Using Shortcode
Still remember MR NIGER D? this is what I call
shortcode. Break the texts down and create
beautiful shortcodes to remember them. Also,
you can use your own words (the ones you can
rememer) to represent certain things you have
read. Abbreviations make life easier. Remember,
yesterday’s information cannot help you in
5. Effective use of Adrenaline
This is the good news about examinations. As
the exam gets closer, your adrenaline boosts.
This implies that, you can easily understand and
remember much of what you read at that time.
Take the advantage of that to revise all your
courses. Trust me, you will not regret it.
6. Using past questions
I call past questions the prophecy of you exam
questions. Try as much as possible to always
study along with past questions. This will
introduce or put you in the exam condition.
7. Using lecture as bet
You have heard or use words like “Mr Jude
doesn’t set these kind of questions” or “this
question can not come out in the exam”. This is
where your ability to program lecturers come in.
You have been attending the class therefore, you
should be able to get revelation from every line
of lecture he drops.
Read Also: How to become a good student
8. Sincere Analysis
This is where telling yourself the truth comes in.
As a Nigerian University student, you don’t need
to study continuously without vision or
revelation. Always analyze the course you are
jarking. Check what you have learnt so far and
what you still don’t understand.
If you love to jark in the library, see list of
Nigerian Libraries around you below.
LIST OF LIBRARIES IN NIGERIA
1. Akwa-ibom State Library: Plot 43 IBB way,
Uyo Akwa-ibom state
2. Badagry Divisional Library, Marine Road,
3. Beautiful Minds Children’s Library, Plot 474
Jerome Hwande Street, Behind Bem hotel,
(Before Shepherd Heritage Academy),
Ankpa quarters ext , Makurdi, Benue State
4. Borno House Library, Block 130, Jakande
Estate, Amuwo Odofin, Mile 2, 01-2161218
5. Central Medical Library, Murtala
Muhammed Way, Yaba, Lagos Mainland,
6. Dr olusola saraki library, agbo oba , ilorin,
Michael ihimodu labour studies library, offa
7. E-Learning Center, Odunlami Street, Lagos
Island (former Central Library)
8. Edo State Public Library, Benin City.
9. Enugu State Library. Market Road, Opposite
Mgbemena Park, Enugu.
10. Epe Divisional Library, Recreation Field,
11. Ezekiah Oluwasanmi Library,Obafemi
Awolowo University, Ile-Ife,Nigeria.
12. Fawehinmi memorial public library . Lane
13. Federal Library, Jos Beside Plateau State
14. Fola Sasegbon Memorial Law , No 46
Akinsoji Street, Fadeyi – Igbobi Lagos.
15. Henry Carr Public Library, Behind Conoil
Petrol Station, Cement B/Stop, Agege,
16. Herbert Macaulay Library 338, Herbert
Macaulay Road, Yaba, 01-2168002
17. Ikeja Secretariat Library Oba Akinjobi Road,
Old Secretariat, Ikeja, 01-2167392
18. Ikorodu Divisional Library T.O.S. Benson
Road, Ikorodu, 01-2161903
19. Illupeju Public Library, Opposite LSDPC,
Illupeju, Lagos State.
20. Imo state library located at okigwe
roundabout close to imo state government
21. Isolo Public Library, Holy Saviour College
Road, Off Osolo Way, Isolo, 01-2161896
22. Ipaja Public Library, 24, Akinogun Street,
Shagari Estate, Pako B/Stop, Ipaja,
23. Kaduna State Library No 3 Bida road,
opposite NBTE, Kaduna
24. Kwara State Library No 16, Sulu Gambari
way, opposite NIPOST Office, Ilorin Kwara
25. National Library of Nigeria, Abuja, Sanusi
Dantata House,Behind Nicon Plaza,Central
Business District, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria
26. National Library Enugu, NTA road, beside
ESBS junction, Enugu.
27. National Library of Nigeria, Ondo, Oda Road
(Opposite Ondo State Law Commision),
Akure, Ondo State.
28. National Library, Kaduna, No 1 Bida road,
opposite CBN, Kaduna
29. National Library of Nigeria, Lagos
227,Herbert Macaulay Way, Yaba, Lagos
30. National Library of Nigeria, Oda Road
(Opposite Ondo State Law Commision),
Akure, Ondo State.
31. National library Port Harcourt, central bank,
along port-harcourt road, owerri.
32. Ondo State Public Library, St Peters Bus
Stop, Oyemekun Road, Akure, Ondo State.
33. Onitsha Divisional Library Enugu Road,
Onitsha North, Anambra, Nigeri,
34. State Library, Jos Tafa Belewa, Opp
Plateau Riders Jos-North
35. Tolu Public Library, Temidire Street, Tolu
School Complex, Ajegunle, 01-2166661
You can as well Jark in your school or personal
Remember, in school, you must jark. Drop your
views in the comment box below or start a
discussion using the forum.
NGstudents Team Cares…..