50 hot Physics
questions from all the Jamb Physics topics.
The 1000 points will cover every topic in Jamb
Physics. However, the key points will not be
arranged topic by topic. As time goes on, I will
work on hot key point series on Jamb Biology,
Chemistry, Mathematics, CRS and the Use of
English. It will be wise you follow up series. Now,
lets go straight to business…..
Key Points on Jamb Physics hot topics (1 to 10)
1) The classification of Wave are:
Mechanical Wave (E.g Water and Sound
Electromagnetic Wave (E.g Gamma and X-
Progressive/Travelling Wave (Water And
Stationary/Standing Wave (Nodes And
Longitudinal Wave (E.g Sound Waves)
Transverse Wave (E.g Waves in Pipe and
2) Stationary Wave occur when two interfering
waves of the same amplitude and frequency
travel in opposite direction.
3) Velocity of Sound In:
Air is 332m/s
Water (Liquid) is 1435m/s
Iron (Solid) is 5000m/s
4) The velocity of Echo is equal to the total
distance traveled by the sound divided by the
5) The quality of sound depends on the number
of overtones or harmonics. It makes it possible
to distinguish between two instruments playing
the same note.
6) Vibration can either be free, forced or
7) Eclipse occurs due to the travel of light in a
8) The application of plane mirrors are
Periscope, Kaleidoscope and Sextant.
9) Refraction occurs at constant frequency.
10) Hydrogen spectrum has all colors of white
light, Sodium vapour has yellow line (spectrum)
and Mercury vapour has Blue and Green
Hot Points And Topics In Jamb Physics (10 to
11) Another word for electrolysis is the chemical
effect of current.
12) Passage of current through liquid doesn’t
obey Ohms law.
13) Magnetic fields are oval in shape.
14) Angle of dip is 90 degree at the magnetic
poles and zero at the equator.
15) The strength of Magnet is greatest at the
16) All electric charges are multiples of the
charges of an electron.
17) Factors affecting capacitance are: Area of
plates, distance between the plates and
dielectrics between the plates.
18) Examples of dielectric materials are Paraffin
wax, Polythene, Ebonite and Glass.
19) Sliding friction are less than limiting friction.
20) EMF is the algebraic sum of potential
difference acting in a circuit.
Hot Topics in Jamb Physics (20 to 30)
21) Electromagnetism is the production of
current from Magnet.
22) In a closed circuit, the induced EMF gives
rise to induced current.
23) Eddy current is used in damping moving coil,
speedometers and induction coil.
24) Transformer steps up or steps down voltage
at the same frequency.
25) The Inductor finds application in choke
26) Choke is used for varying current.
27) The induced voltage is equal to the rate of
change of magnetic flux.
28) Solar cells convert sunlight energy directly
into electrical energy.
29) Local action is caused by impurity of zinc
30) Eddy current is reduced by lamination.
Hot Key Points In Jamb UTME Physics (30 to
31) Induction coil is used to step up voltage in
32) Generator operates based on the principle of
33) DC doesn’t oscillate and as such does not
have a frequency.
34) Telephone receiver or earpiece works on the
principle of magnetic effect of current.
35) Plane mirrors do not enlarge or reduce the
size of object. Object size is the same as image
36) Factors affecting resistance are:
Length of conductor.
Area of conductor.
Type of material used.
37) Triangular prism with two convex lenses is
used to produce pure spectrum.
38) If light energy is less than the work function,
no electron will be emitted and vice versa.
39) Work function is the energy that can produce
threshold frequency (W=hf).
40) The uncertainty principle only works for
atoms and not irons.
Likely Jamb physics questions to Note (40 to
41) The applications of total internal reflection
are Mirage and Fish view under water.
42) Binding energy is the reason for mass
43) Bismuth is diamagnetic.
44) Current is the rate of flow of charge.
45) Kirchoff’s current law states that the
algebraic sum of currents flowing into the circuit
is equal to the algebraic sum of currents leaving
46) Kirchoff’s voltage law states that the sum of
all the voltages around circuit loop is equal to
47) Example of refrigerants are Ammonia and
48) Kaleidoscope is designed to obtain different
49) To convert a Galvanometer to Ammeter, a
low resistance called shunt is connected in
parallel with the meter.
50) As temperature increases, the speed of
More loading, watch out……
NGstudents Team Cares…..