Breaking News

See Nigeria’s Army Reaction to Borno Governor’s Convoy Attack

Select Language

Advertisements

The incident occurred in Baga on Wednesday.

Army Spokesman, Sagir Musa, in a statement on Thursday, said earlier, Zulum visited Commander 19 Brigade at the Nigerian Army Super Camp where he was briefed on the security situation.

Musa noted that details of the incident were still “sketchy”.

He announced that investigation has commenced while efforts are ongoing to comb the area, “with a view to track down and deal decisively with the attackers.”

The official described the onslaught as an isolated one.

The Army claimed that normalcy had been restored in Baga, “With socio-economic activities picking up.”

The statement assured Nigerians that the incident be interrogated to forestall future reoccurrence.

NEWS:  Delta: Court remands Prince Nwoko, others in police custody over alleged murder

Musa said the military will continue to discharge its responsibilities professionally and respect fundamental human rights.

The people of Baga and Borno were enjoined to continue to provide credible information to security agencies

About NGstudents (9009 Articles)
NGstudents: For Educational Information, Local And World Breaking News

Say Something !! (Comment)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: