Following the attack on a bullion van in Ezzamgbo near Abakaliki, Ebonyi State on 29th July 2020, by bank robbers which led to the death of four (4) police officers, leaving others injured, the suspects may have been caught at last.
According to the report making the rounds which is also confirmed by PrNigeria, during serious manhunt by IRT detectives with technical intelligence support from TIU, they arrested one Alfred Robinson ’m’ 45 yrs of age, and Ijaw by tribe as well as a native of Gelegele Town in Ovia North LGA of Edo State on August 1, 2020. His arrest happened in Asaba Delta state and subsequently recovered from him are the undermentioned items:
1)Toyota 4 Runner Jeep with Reg no AAA 561 FV ( Nasarawa State) which is suspected to have been snatched alongside others for the purpose of this operation.
2) One GPMG rifle with one hundred and fifty three (153) rounds of live ammunition.
3) Five (5) AK 47 rifle with 1402) rounds of live ammunition.
4) One K2 rifle with loaded magazine.
5) 51 AK 47 magazines.
6) The rifles S/Numbers
are as follows:-
AK 47…. 402701
AK 47….. 60740
one AK47 rifle without number..
During intensive follow-up, according to the report, 6 more gang members were arrested by IRT detectives within 24hrs. The gang members said to have been arrested in the follow-up are as follow:
2) Sunday Soyemu alias Sunny ‘m’ , 46 years of age – an Ijaw by tribe and a native of Alegnene in Ekeremor LGA of Bayelsa State.
3) 03NA/53/088 Sgt. Ayeni Samuel ‘m’ 43 years, a serving soldier hitherto attached to Command Day Secondary School, Nigerian Army, Ikeja, Lagos. He is a native of Ilesha in Ilesha South LGA of Osun State.
4) 03NA / 53 CPL Emeka Harrison ‘m’ 33 years , a dismissed soldier who until his dismissal in 2015 was attached to 7 Division Garrison, Maiduguri, Borno State. He hails from Nsukka in Nsukka East LGA of Enugu State.
5) Their sponsor is said to be Emeka Ilo, m, 37 years who is a native of Igwachi Community in Oji River LGA of Enugu State.
6) Abuchi Elijah alias Chime D’ Mosquito, 27 years who is said to have been their informant and who hails from Isiala Ngwa in Isiala Ngwa LGA of Abia State.
7) Ibanifiroi Ekiene ‘m’ , 38 years , an Ijaw by tribe, a native of Tombia community in Degema LGA of Rivers State.
Recovered from the 6 hoodlums arrested on 2/8/20202 who came from various axis of the south- south / south east with intent to perfect a planned intended bank robbery in Asaba this week include :- A Lexus 350 Jeep with REG NO AGL 267 FN ( LAGOS ) containing the following items :-
1.) 136 rounds of K2 ammunitions.
2.) 5 K2 magazines.
3.) 12) locally-made bomb (unexploded)
4.) 1 KPT power tool 230mm angle grinder.
5.) 1 big hammer.
6.) 1 small hammer.
7.) 1 big cutter.
8.) 4 amulets.
All suspects upon interrogation were said to have confessed to the bullion van robbery in Ebonyi State where 4 police men were killed with many other armed robberies/kidnappings across the South East and South South. Suspects also confessed that 4 out of the rifles recovered belongs to the police men they killed during the bullion van robbery in Ebonyi State
Become a Student Volunteer Journalist…